Seeking writers and contributors
Build an online presence and join our team of Football Today contributors12 December 2017 | FT Editor
Are you a journalism or sports management student wanting to build a portfolio?
Are you a fan who thinks you have what it takes to put pen to paper (so to speak), or perhaps make a short video story, and share your analysis with others?
Or maybe you're retired and have a bit more time on your hands, and want to continue to be engaged in your favourite sport?
Everyone has to start somewhere, and that's what Football Today is offering. We're looking for journalists, reporters, writers who know and love their football, who can write well, who can be measured and balanced, who are prepared to be indepdent and insightful, and who are looking for an online place to be read and heard.
The good news is we do pay. Not highly; but it's something that at least helps with expenses and recognises your time.
So here's what to do if you're interested.
Send us an email to email@example.com and let us know:
- who you are and your contact details
- what you're knowledge of, and interest in, football is
- the areas you're particularly interested in - eg. the A-League, Socceroos, Asia, European football, women's football, local football/NPL, the Champions League (Asia or Europe) or any particular niche area
- how and where you think you could add value to the site, and why. For example, are you more into the 'News' section, or writing features about 'People', or perhaps adding your voice to 'Analysis'?
- how often you could write something
- your payment expectations (per article)
- plus give us an example or examples of other things you have written or done that are relevant.
As a tip, other than the last point, please don't make all of this too long; we're not after an essay, just a concise response to the points we raise.
We're hoping to start the new year with some additional people on board, so please send us your email by Friday 22 December, and we'll be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Email for response: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 22 December 2017
opportunity for writers